It’s the third day of Everyday Enthusiasm, which means it’s Movie Monday!
Today I wanted to focus on feel good movies that I love, because it’s important when life is stressful to have a repertoire of films that make the stress go away just for a little bit. Personally, I love feel good movies that are able to take you to another mindset and let you fill up with joy for an hour and a half. And that’s why I’m going to share my favourites that do that.Read More
As you know from a few posts ago, I am currently doing my Month of Christmas Cheer Instagram Challenge (which can be viewed on my Instagram @morganmckay or in the link up top) and I am having a lot of fun doing it! But today I really wanted to do the Christmas tag, as I really like all the questions and I want to spread some Christmas cheer. Let’s get started!
1. What is your favorite Christmas film?
Probably Love Actually, because it’s just so bloody good.
2. Have you ever had a White Christmas?
Growing up I never had a white Christmas as I lived in Southern California where I think the last time it snowed was before my parents were born. However, my first white Christmas was about eight years ago when I lived in the Rockies. It was gorgeous!
3. Where do you usually spend your holiday?
At home with my family. We don’t like to travel but love when family comes up to see us!
4. What is your favorite Christmas song?
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) by Michael Buble or All I Want for Christmas Is You. Both miraculous songs. And I just love Michael Buble *fangirl sigh*
5. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
Yes. My brother and I have figured out at this point that every year we are allowed to open one gift on Christmas Eve and it’s always pajamas. And it is always the best gift because then I get to wake up Christmas Day with new pajamas!
So, as I have made a list of the Top TV Couples you know there has to be a list of the top movie couples now. So, I have compiled a list of the top couples who have created the romance, the story, the beauty of coupleness in their movies.
1. Aurelia and Jamie Even though the language barrier, Aurelia and Jamie end up having the most romantic relationship in Love Actually. They can communicate by emotions and not just by words, getting to know each other in an intimate way that is just too adorable. And when they each learn the other’s language, well, you never imagined a couple could be that cute.
2. Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley Every Harry Potter fan probably saw the coupling of Hermione and Ron early in the books. The term ‘opposites attract’ more than applies here. Brainy Hermione and slacker Ron create a couple that we know will stick through it until the end, will always be filled with love, and will always have their best friend Harry there to help them.
3. Andie Walsh and Duckie Dale Although Andie originally ended up with Blaine, all true Pretty in Pink fan know that she should have ended up with Duckie. This dynamic duo were good friends who were supportive and in their lowest moments (such as prom) were there for each other to have a nice night. Gotta love Andie and Duckie!
4. Sandy Olsson and Danny Zuko The best musical couple that ever lived, Grease made the bad boy/good girl couple into the coolest couple their is. Sandy with her sweater sets and Danny with his cigarettes, there wasn’t a single spot in the movie where the watcher doesn’t say, “Just get married already!”
5. Erica Barry and Harry Sanborn When you have a polished writer and a New York playboy, you know Something’s Gotta Give. This couple with their completely different lifestyles (and completely different mates) makes their eventual reunion in Paris the most romantic reunion I’ve ever seen. This couple, by far, know how to make old love into young love.
I know there are plenty more but, with the vast world of movies, we’d be reading this until I’m 24!
If you have been reading this blog long enough, then you have probably gathered that I am a huge film buff. Movies are my life. And during the holidays film after film comes out, ready to be devoured by the Christmas-cheer-hungry people of the world. I love Christmas films and below I have compiled a list of my favorite movies to watch during the holidays (but not in order).
Love Actually When people put this movie down because it’s too ‘romantic comedy’ it upsets me. It embodies the feelings of the Christmas spirit and love and is just so heart warming. I love to watch it during Christmas and tonight I’m going to watch it!
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Such a cute little claymation movie that includes every Christmas myth and makes it into a sweet Christmas tale.
The Santa Clause I only like the first Santa Clause because it’s the classic tale and definitely has the least We’re-just-gonna-add-on-to-a-really-great-movie feel to it. Tim Allen does such a good job of going from Scrooge to Santa and it’s such a cute, funny movie to watch while babysitting or in your own home.
Polar Express After reading the book as a kid, this movie was like traveling back into my childhood. It is so magical and the watcher does feel like they’ve been transported on a journey to Santa’s workshop.
How the Grinch Stole Christmas The truth is that during Christmas I constantly have ‘You’re a Mean One, Mr. Grinch’ stuck in my head. It’s like a constant tune always there. This movie teaches the real value of sharing and it brings tears to my eyes.
I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus The title has always cracked me up and the movie is very cute. The little boy’s determination is pretty adorable. The only downside? You basically learn your dad is Santa Claus.
A Charlie Brown Christmas A classic. Watch it.
Anything on 25 Days of Christmas on ABC Family All of the movies on the Countdown are perfect. Watch them everyday to really get into the Christmas spirit.