Who’s ready for another very easy, very affordable meal by someone who loves cooking, but has very little patience.
Today’s recipe comes from all of my favourite things to eat (lemon, garlic, shrimp, pasta) and the fact that one pot meals are the only meals I am interested in making. I love being in the kitchen, but not while doing the dishes. This pasta dish is perfect for comfort night, but healthy enough to not feel guilty for having a second helping. And there’s tons to share with that special someone!
Lemon-y Garlic-y Shrimp-y Pasta
This recipe is incredibly easy and does not require anything not found at your local shop (mine is Trader Joe’s). And, yes, I did forget to buy garlic when I made this, so feel free to buy actual garlic instead of garlic powder like yours truly. Let’s get started.
What You Will Need:
- One package of lemon noodles
- Frozen, cooked shrimp (you can buy uncooked and make it, that’s just too difficult for me)
- Half a lemon
- Garlic/garlic powder
Here’s How to Make It:
- Add shrimp to a bowl of cold water and allow to thaw.
- Make noodles according to package. Add three cloves of garlic or about a tablespoon of garlic powder to water. This seems like a lot, but is perfectly balanced by the lemon.
- Once noodles are finished, drain water.
- Pour in thawed shrimp and a large amount of spinach.
- Stir concoction every few minutes. Between stirs, add in salt, pepper, and juice from the lemon half. Toss well.
- When the shrimp is curled in on itself and the spinach is tiny (see the third picture above) then you’re good to go.
- Voila! How easy was that? It’s a subtle flavor that doesn’t feel heavy. Pair it with sparkling water like I did or another drink of your choice.
This was the first installment of Enthusiastic Eats! Let me know what you think and I will be sharing more recipes in the future!
Want to stay up to date with all of my crazy shenanigans, what movies I’m watching, and how to live the best life ever? Add me on Snapchat: PotatoesHegarty
Stay classy, Internet,
FIND MORGAN ON THE WEB
BETTER BLOGGER NETWORK: