Six years ago I started this blog. And six years I never thought I would be here.
I started this blog on January 1, 2011 because sharing what is in my head is important to me. And on January 1, 2017, I feel the same. What use is the internet if we can’t communicate and share our ideas? So here we are, six years in and overflowing with opportunity!
This year on the blog is a lot different than every other year we’ve faced. First off, I am no longer in school. No more missed blog posts to study. However, I am working full-time and that brings it’s own challenges. But lots of opportunities too. My 2017 New Year’s Resolution was to take life by the reigns. And that means doing everything I can to live the life that I want.
To celebrate a sixth year of blogging, I am sharing my resolutions to not only making this blog better, but to making The Enthusiast (myself) better.
Six Years, Five Resolutions: Happy Birthday, The Enthusiast!
New Years Resolution 1: Eat Better
- Eat more fruits/vegetables. This means actually cooking meals where such foods can be incorporated to make eating healthy seem less painful.
- Eat less carbs. While definitely more difficult than anything else, limiting the carbs I eat will give me more energy and help me reach my goal. I’m not saying I’m giving up bread, but at least it won’t be a main food group.
- Make more artistic meals. I will start meal planning and trying to make meals with more than two ingredients. My hope is to expand my cooking abilities and generally eat better. Plus I’ll have cool recipes to share with you all.
New Years Resolution 2: Be More Active
- Walk to work. While it is too cold/dark to walk to work at 7am currently, when the weather is nice I can definitely turn my commute into a nice walk. I love to walk and I don’t get enough of it with my 7-4 schedule.
- Use the gym. The gym in my complex is right next to the laundry room. It seems like such a shame to waste the hour and a half I spend doing laundry not taking advantage of the elliptical. My goal is to do this once a week and maybe build into something more. I just hate getting sweaty mid-way through my day, so this could be a challenge.
- Do yoga. I love yoga and am quite the yogi when I am in regular practice. I want to get back into yoga and join a class so I am more dedicated to aligning my chakras.
New Years Resolution 3: Beef Up Blog
- Post regularly. I have a habit of missing posts when things get busy. This year I am dedicated to making sure to have something ready so that there’s never missed content. And the content will be interesting instead of some fluff piece I wrote half asleep.
- Be more involved. I want to join more blogger groups and maybe do something sponsored. Who knows? I want to be a more active part of the blogging group that I love and with no school it seems more doable.
- Take my own photos. While I love stock photos and Pinterest, it’s time to take some quality photos of what I’m writing about. This could take some time, because I have little experience, but I hope it will make a better experience for all of you.
- Make section headers. As you’ll see with this post, and others coming forward, I will be doing section headers so that you know what the blog post is about and the blog is more aesthetically pleasing, which is what I care about more.
New Years Resolution 4: Be More Social
- Attend events. I always say I’m interested in events on Facebook and then never attend. I want to get out more and spend time with people who seem to have the same idea of fun as I do. Plus, brunch parties are a thing and I clearly need to attend them #BrunchSquad
- Spend time not at home. When I get home from work all I want to do is lie in bed eating trail mix and watching 30 Rock. But that’s unhealthy behavior and makes me no friends. My goal is to find groups/classes/places where I can socialize and at least have one thing to look forward to after work.
New Years Resolution 5: Keep Up With Upkeep
- Personal hygiene. I am the worst at washing my face at night and that needs to stop. Plus, cutting my nails should not be procrastinated for a week. I want to get that part of my life on track because those “spa days” I always say I’ll have on Sunday never happen. And keeping up with eyebrow appointments will actually be a thing, so Urban Waxx watch out for my call!
- House cleaning. Despite living in 400 sq ft, I stink at cleaning. Spending two hours a week just cleaning everything from the tub to the corner behind my bed will make a huge difference and won’t be that difficult, so I feel like I have this one in the bag.
- Important files. Currently everything that is important is either in my glove box or shoved into my box in my apartment. None of it is filed. And I’m not totally sure which is which. I want to create a system that makes finding things easy and makes sure I am on top of everything in case of an emergency.
And that’s to expect for the sixth year of The Enthuasiast! I hope you’re as excited for it as I am and I can’t wait to share it all with you! Please share your own resolutions in the comments!
Want to stay up to date with all of my crazy shenanigans, what movies I’m watching, and how to live the best life ever? Add me on Snapchat: PotatoesHegarty
Stay classy, Internet,
FIND MORGAN ON THE WEB
BETTER BLOGGER NETWORK: