As the leaves begin to fall and the need for a jacket in the evening becomes necessary, it’s time to switch from eggs and fruit to something a bit more hearty for breakfast.
As autumn is time for pumpkin and brown sugar and crockpot soup, I love a good bowl of oatmeal for breakfast. And something I can make the night before and just heat up the next morning (or eat cold) is exactly the kind of breakfast I want when I’d rather just stay in bed than face the bitter wind.
This recipe steals from multiple overnight oat recipes I’ve seen in the last year and I’ve made it so it’s just perfect for me. I hope you love my pumpkin overnight oats as much as I do!
The Enthusiast’s Pumpkin Honey Overnight Oats
Yields one serving. I like to make three or four servings at once and eat them all week long. This recipe is full of protein and is incredibly filling, so prepare for your autumn to be pumpkin-y all season long!
- 1/4 cup 100% pure pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup honey Greek yogurt (I love Greek Gods Honey Vanilla Yogurt)
- 1/3-1/2 cup oats
- Nutmeg or cinnamon sugar for topping
- In a bowl (I like to use tupperware to store easily) mix the pumpkin and yogurt in a bowl.
- Add in the oats and stir until all oats are covered.
- Cover bowl and store in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, take out of fridge and either eat cold or heat in the microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle nutmeg or cinnamon sugar on top for a little extra flavour.
Want to stay up to date with all of my crazy shenanigans, what movies I’m watching, and how to live the best life ever? Add me on Snapchat: PotatoesHegarty
Stay classy, Internet,
FIND MORGAN ON THE WEB
BETTER BLOGGER NETWORK: