It’s Sweet & Savory Sunday! Welcome to Day 2 of Everyday Enthusiasm, and boy is it a sweet one. Today we’re going to be doing my current version of my favourite smoothie. I’ve been making this smoothie for years and in that time small modifications have been made. After my smoothie cleanse earlier this year, I knew that I needed to come up with a smoothie that I wouldn’t mind slurping down three times a day, but that wasn’t loaded with calories and bad stuff. So, I took some of the things I love about my old recipe, plus some tips from Skinny Taste’s version and made a smoothie that I’ve been chugging down all week. And I think it’s a winner!
The Green Dream Smoothie
- 8 ice cubes
- 1 small banana
- 2 medium handfuls of spinach
- 1 tbsp of peanut butter (I use Jif or generic)
- 1/3 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- 3/4 cup almond milk (I used original for lower calorie, but vanilla is a popular choice)
- 1/2 cup plain fat free yogurt (you can also use Greek yogurt for more protein)
- Pour ice into blender
- Pour everything else in blender – putting liquids in first, then solids like spinach and banana
- Blend into smooth liquid (ice chunks are okay, and perfect if you want to keep it cold during travel)
- Pour into cup, add straw, and get on with your day!
I love this smoothie because it’s the perfect blend of sweet, salty, and creamy. And it’s less than 300 calories and will keep you full for hours. It’s absolutely perfect for long mornings and breakfast on the go.
Check back tomorrow for more Everyday Enthusiasm and Movie Monday!
Stay classy, Internet,
FIND MORGAN ON THE WEB
BETTER BLOGGER NETWORK: