Everyday Enthusiasm Day 21: Sweet Treat Sunday
Whoot whoot it’s Sweet Treat Sundays and y’all better have your aprons on! This week I’m making one of my family’s favourite recipes, and I didn’t completely screw it up! I’m making some awesome chocolate chip cookies, so without further ado, let’s go!
Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookies ala Morgan
- 1/2 cup butter (that’s one stick)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 and 1/4 cups oatmeal
- 6 oz. chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 oz. Hershey bar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Farenheit.
- Pour oatmeal into a blender and blend it to a fine powder. Warning: this will take forever because oatmeal is terrified of blenders and therefore does not like to blend.
- Cream the butter and both sugars. Can you tell the sun came out when I took this picture?
- Add in the egg and vanilla. Then mix all of that together with flour, ground oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. So pretty much everything else in the recipe. Yes, it will kind of look like dry oatmeal.
- Add in the chocolate chips and Hershey bar. Make this easiest by chopping Hershey bar into little tiny bits.
- Roll into balls and place on cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes (aka, 9).
- And voilà, you have delicious cookies!
And now you have your own yummy cookies! At our house they go like hotcakes they are so good. I hope that you all enjoy them just as much as my family and I do.
Thank you for checking out Sweet Treat Sunday, and be sure to check back tomorrow for Musing Mondays as part of Everyday Enthusiasm, blogging everyday of September on The Enthusiast!
Stay classy, Internet,
FIND MORGAN ON THE WEB
BETTER BLOGGER NETWORK: