Everyday Enthusiasm Day 14: Sweet Treats Sundays
It is time to bake! As you all well know, I’m a big baked goods fan. If it’s been baked in an oven, it’s probably going in my mouth. And that’s kind of how Sweet Treats Sundays came to be. I’m always up for something delicious to eat, and I want to share the yummy treats I’m making with you! That is why this week we are making cinnamon scones, which I’m sure you will love!
Cinnamon Scones For Those Classy Scone Eaters
I got this recipe from Food.com. I don’t have old secret family recipes for scones. We were more cake people.
Ingredients (yields 8 scones)
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup softened butter (equivalent to 1 stick)
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
Morgan’s instructions (these are the reasons I’m not a food blogger)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Farenheit.
- Combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Mix them up so they are combined (it’s going to look like flour with some brown bits)
- Take that butter and mush it in with your hands! It’s going to feel gross and like it isn’t doing anything, but just squish the butter with the dry mix until they blend as best they can. I didn’t make these instructions, but just stick with me! (it’s going to look like weird butter bits covered in flour, that’s correct)
- Mix the egg, milk, and vanilla in a separate bowl. Pour that over the dry mix and mix!!!
- Once the batter is nice and mixed, drop it onto parchment paper on top of a cookie sheet. Make it into a circle, about a half-inch thick
- Cut it into a little 8-piece cinnamon scone pizza!
- Bake in the oven for 21 minutes (recipe says 20-23, I say 21)
VOILA DELICIOUS CINNAMON SCONES!
I hope you all reading these makes you realize there is a reason I am not a food blogger. My instructions are kind of goofy, but they are a good representation of me: Completely dorky.
Thanks for joining me for another Sweet Treats Sunday, and I hope you learned how to make a yummy cinnamon scone! If you make the recipe pop me a comment about how they turned out!
Tune in tomorrow for another Musing Monday! We’re discussing my LA trip and all of the shenanigans I always seem up to!
Stay classy, Internet,
FIND MORGAN ON THE WEB
BETTER BLOGGER NETWORK: