Everyday Enthusiasm Day 7: Sweet Treat Sundays
Welcome to the first Sweet Treat Sundays! I’m excited to start making desserts with y’all, so I thought I’d start off with a completely new recipe for me. Peanut butter chocolate popsicles. Warning: Kind of an insane recipe.
Thank you to the fantastic KatySuzie for making this recipe for me, even though it turned out yucky before I added sugar.
PB & Chocolate Popsicles Recipe
I got this recipe from All Day I Dream About Food with some slight alterations.
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp stevia extract
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz high cacao % dark chocolate (please do not use 100% you will regret it)
Morgan’s horrible instructions on making it:
- Using a large bowl, beat together cream cheese, peanut butter, confectioners sugar, vanilla, stevia extract, and heavy cream. We did it by hand, but your popsicles will turn out much smoother if you use a kitchen mixer. In other words, use a kitchen mixer.
- Spoon the batter into popsicle molds. If you don’t have popsicle molds, or if you just like to get a little DIY, use Dixie cups as your molds. The tiny baby cups also double as good shot glasses for your lemonade, which is a necessary drink while baking. Cute cup arrangement not necessary.
- Stick popsicle sticks in the batter and place in freezer.
- While your popsicles freeze, time to make the chocolate for dipping. I accidentally made the accident of buying 100% cacao dark chocolate and it is a mistake I will never make again. Upon, ruining the first batch, I found adding about a cup of sugar makes the chocolate actually consumable. When your popsicles are frozen, stick the chocolate in the microwave for a minute, then take it out and stir it. It should be melty but not syrupy.
- Remove the mold/Dixie cup from your popsicles and dip them in the chocolate. Place them on wax paper and put back in your fridge for consumption. About an hour later, your popsicles will be ready!
And that is how you make delicious peanut butter chocolate-dipped popsicles! Mine are a little odd looking, but they are super delicious! As someone who isn’t a big popsicle enthusiast, I definitely can get behind these!
If you attempt this recipe, please let me know how it turned out!
Thanks for reading and being a part of Everyday Enthusiasm! Check back tomorrow for Musing Mondays!
Stay classy, Internet,
FIND MORGAN ON THE WEB
BETTER BLOGGER NETWORK: