Well Enthusiasts, we’ve gotten through another year. 2013 was a biggie, for more than one reason. I reached goals I never thought were possible and you’ve been here to see them all. And, in true reflection spirit, I thought we should take a trip down memory lane to the best (and worst) of Teenage Enthusiasm’s 2013.
The Best TE Posts of 2013
- How to Tell If a Boy Likes You (And Other Real Boy Advice) I interviewed boys in my dorm and asked them the questions you ask me. So whenever you want to know how a boy’s mind works, I’ve already done the work for you.
- How Many Pale British Boys Can I Fit In One Post? (Man Crush Monday) I decide to let myself get boy crazy for a minute and list off my evergrowing list of attractive (Usually lanky, pale, British guys) males that I adore.
- There were several other posts that tied for third, but I will let you decide. In the comments, tell me which post you think should make the top 3 for TE’s Best & Worst 2013
The Best Moments of 2013
- I hit over 800 subscribers! I am ridiculously close to 1,000 subscribers and I am over the moon! I honestly don’t know a better way to say thank you than right here!
- I got into 6 of my 7 colleges (Pepperdine wait-listed me, those hardball scholars) and went to the perfect university for me, University of Oregon!
- I won tickets to go see Bruno Mars in Portland and it was amazing! Being able to experience such a fantastic show (and getting to breathe the same air as Ellie Goulding!) was definitely a highlight of 2013!
- This year I was introduced to the Huffington Post Teen blogging team. I can now free write for them, and it has been amazing. All three of my articles can be viewed here: Put Harry Styles Down, You’ll Break Him! AND On My Own: And It’s OK! AND Seven Inches Later: A Growing Up Story
- As someone who has always been insecure about her writing, my year was made when a known British editor told me I was a good writer via Twitter. You could say I gained some confidence from that.
The Worst Moments of 2013
- Towards the beginning of this year some things went down and I was really bitter. And so I made some comments that were inappropriate and rude and unfair. And I want to apologize for that. It was wrong of me to bring my personal life into this blog. I will always write about my life, but I shouldn’t let my feelings cloud my writing.
- Sadly, I was not Freshly Pressed this year. We had a good streak going the last two years, but alas, we just have not made the cut this year. Not even, Why Do Writers Write? which was a fantastic article this year.
Resolutions for 2014
- Put more of my writing out into the world! I’ve discovered that I have a voice to share and I plan on sharing it with everyone!
- Work my bum off in school! I will become the more fearless Journalism student University of Oregon has ever experienced!
- All the usual resolutions of staying healthy and getting more sleep. We know neither will happen, but it feels mandatory to say so.
So yeah, there’s the best & worst of 2013! It’s been a whirlwind year and next year will be even more insane! I mean, I’m ringing in 19 and have a fancy new Mac to celebrate with! Let the good times commence as we celebrate Teenage Enthusiasm’s third birthday on Wednesday!
Stay classy, Internet,
FIND MORGAN ON THE WEB
BETTER BLOGGER NETWORK: