Over the last few months, I’ve been nominated for some blogging awards, which make me feel so great! Being recognized in the blogging community is a huge deal, and to all the people who nominate me, I love you more than chocolate pudding. You are that great!
Recently I was nominated by Lynae Rockwell of Life Through a Lens for the Leibster Award. Thank you Lynae for nominating me. That’s so sweet and I’m so happy you like Teenage Enthusiasm!
Part of the Leibster Award is telling 11 facts about yourself, and answering the questions your nominator asked you. So here goes!
11 Facts About Morgan:
- I am deathly afraid of heights
- I love tea
- I could live off of olive cheese poppers
- My favorite day of the week is Wednesday
- I own more cardigans and v-necks than the average person should
- I really dislike stringy melted cheese
- I am about to be a senior in high school
- I love running
- I’ve written 12 books but have only finished one
- My favorite place I’ve been to is Belgium
- If I turn the tip of my nose up, it looks like a legitimate pig nose
Answers for Lynae:
If you could go anywhere, where would you go, and why?
I would go to London. The culture has fascinated me for so long, and a lot of my favorite books and films have originated there (Peter Pan, Pirate Radio, etc.)
What was your reason for starting a blog on WordPress?
I had a blog previously to TE, but I wasn’t happy with it. So, I deleted it, but my blogging bug was still there. So, for New Year’s, I started a new blog with new hope and a better blogging platform.
What is your most frequently visited blog and why?
My Blogging Rules. It was Freshly Pressed back in June.
Did you look at Freshly Pressed today? If so, which featured blog post did you like the most?
I did! Which is uncommon for me, but I did today. And I really liked this one. It made me laugh as someone who uses WordPress on a daily basis.
What inspires you?
This is going to sound so sappy.
What inspires me most are those ‘blank’ moments. Those moments when you’re walking by yourself with no one around and no noise, and it’s just you and a blank canvas of world around you.
Told you it was sappy, but so true.
What type of atmosphere most inspires you to write/take photos/illustrate/whatever it is you like to do?
The type of atmosphere that inspires me to create is noisy. If it’s too quiet, I wander. But sitting on my deck while my neighbor plays his Harry Potter audiotape too loudly, that’s where I can create.
If you could be any celebrity for a day, who would you be?
Favorite movie quote?
Here are my top 3. (It’s hard to have one when you’re a cinephile)
1. “That’s why they call them crushes. If they were easy, they’d call them something else.” – Sixteen Candles
2. “Remember folks, ‘It ain’t simple being cool, but it’s cool to be simple’.” – Pirate Radio
3. “Oh trust me Doc, bringing psychiatric drugs and teenagers together is like opening a lemonade stand in the desert.” – Charlie Bartlett
What is something that you would like to see people post more about?
I would like to see people post more often about their experiences. And not going to Thailand experiences, but those everyday ones, like crazy people at the supermarket.
Favorite Starbucks drink?
Summer: Java Chip Frappuccino
Winter: White Chocolate Mocha
If you were a word, what word would you be?
Wonder. The desire to know something.
And that’s it for my Q&A! Thank you to Lynae again for nominating me! If you want to know more questions about me, please leave a comment, or send me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. I love to interact with my audience, so don’t be shy!
Have a great weekend everyone!