About a year ago a friend of mine sent me a recipe for 5-minute mug cake. I saved the recipe in a folder on my desktop and never tried it. Well, about three nights ago I was having a major sweet-tooth break down. I needed sugar in my system. Pronto. So, remembering this little recipe I had stashed away (but was unable to find because my laptop broke 8 months ago) I searched the internet for the perfect mug cake recipe.
The recipe I found was for vanilla mug cake. I made it but it lacked sweetness and…taste. I was weary to try again, thinking I’d done something wrong the first time, when I substituted in my own ingredients to flavor up the cake. Well, it turned out a million times better! So, I’m going to share with you my secret to delicious mug cake that definitely tastes good.
PB&C (Peanut Butter & Cinnamon) 5-Minute Mug Cake
- 4 Tbs flour
- 2 rounded Tbs sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 4 Tbs milk
- 1 Tbs oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 large spoonful peanut butter
- In a coffee mug (I just use a 8 oz. but whatever floats your boat) and fill it with the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. With a fork, mix it all together.
- Pour in the milk, oil, and vanilla. Mix it all together. Make sure to scrape the flour from the bottom and sides of the mug.
- Add the peanut butter to the mixture, stirring it evenly in. Tip: Melt the peanut butter to make it easier to stir in.
- Pop mug in the microwave for 2 minutes. Let cool. Garnish as you see fit.
- Voila! You have lovely cake that only took you 5 minutes to make!