As I mentioned Monday, I was in the big city until a few days ago. I spent four days touring colleges, eating amazing food, and getting some good shopping in before my return to small town nowhere. After touring a college Tuesday, I spent a few hours at the mall, living it up. After walking through a gazillion stores, I needed a break. So I settled into a Starbucks to start writing this list.
A mall is an amazing place. It is so jam packed with shopping, eating, cinemas, fountains, escalators, and so much more. Having spent three hours there already, I can say for a fact that you will never get bored. I love shopping malls and here are 15 reasons you should too.
- You can find a wide variety of shops in a small area
- The food court has lots of options
- You can purchase just about anything
- Every store smells like perfume or Starbucks coffee
- 94% of people are using a mobile phone as they shop
- Crazy people always talk to you (like the insane man who asked if I’d taken the survey)
- There is wi-fi everywhere
- Cute boys are in every store
- Vendors try to sell you pointless stuff (like plastic to cover you phone in)
- You can always find somewhere to sit down if your feet hurt
- You will almost certainly photo-bomb a tourist’s photo (six Japanese tourists now have a photo of a lovely fountain and me)
- If you find something you like for $100, go to three more stores and you’ll find the same thing for $15
- You get enough exercise walking around a mall in one hour than a day at the gym
- The temperature is always perfect
- If the weather is bad, it’s the perfect place to hide from the trouble of the world and have a nice time shopping and relaxing
Overall, I had a really great time at the mall. I had a successful shopping trip (spending a little under $70) and cannot wait for my next adventure to the city.
Have a great end to Spring Break and stay safe, you crazy cats.