Fortunately, I am the proud winner of a snow day at my school. We got less than 5 inches but we still have the day off. And that’s when you know life’s good.
The only issue with a snow day is that it can make you lazy. This rare freedom causes you to sleep, watch TV, and slack off. But the opportunities of a snow day are endless! And here they are.
- Do your homework. I know it sounds boring, but if you do it now instead of later, you can spend tomorrow after school relaxing instead of losing your mind doing your Chemistry when you’ve been at school all day.
- Go sledding! Grab some friends and go sledding on the best sled hill in town. Just dress warmly and stay out of the way of traffic and you’ll do fine.
- Finish a series. Whether it be a book, television, or a film, finish a series of something. You have a whole day, so put it towards something to be proud of. I’m currently reading every book by John Green and watching every film based off a Nick Hornby book. What about you?
- Build a snowman! Get some friends and make a snowman. Have someone bring hot chocolate, someone else bring a carrot, and everyone can have a really fantastic snow day.
- Bake some brownies! Nothing warms you up more than some fresh-out-of-the-oven brownies that you made. So get some chocolate-y goodness and watch the snow fall!
I hope I have provided everyone with some fun ideas for their own snow day or even just any day where there is snow and nothing to do!