Baker Morgan is back. And she’s here with a delicious Christmas treat!
This week my friend’s and I are having our annual in-school Christmas party. We do a Secret Santa gift exchange and bring lots of baked goods and have a real festive time. I finished my Secret Santa gift today (which I will share with you tomorrow) and baked what I call ‘White Christmas’ cookies.
Note: They are called ‘White Christmas’ cookies because they are completely white cookies that are cut into Christmas-y shapes. I know it’s cheesy but it goes with the song title!
‘White Christmas’ Cookies
You will need: Ingredients for scratch sugar cookies/store sugar cookie mix, white chocolate chips, Christmas cookie cutters
- Make the batter for normal sugar cookies. You can find any old recipe online (like here) and use that. Or buy a mix in the store. It really doesn’t matter. I used store mix for this batch. Pre-heat the oven according to your recipe.
- While mixing the dough, poor white chocolate chips in. I poured a good 3/4 of a bag of Nestle white chocolate chips. It was a bit much, so maybe do half the bag. Don’t forget to sneak a few from the bag for yourself!
- Once dough is completely mixed, spread the dough onto a floured surface to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Use your favorite Christmas cookie cutters (I just did drop cookies because I’m a lazy bum) and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for the proper time and finish your Honors Chemistry homework. Or something else. Whatever.
- Take out of the oven and let cool. If you want, you can frost them with white frosting. I left my plain because they are delicious on their own.
- And voilà! Done!
6 days until Christmas!