One of the best things about Christmas is the treats. Cookies, cupcakes, chocolate-covered pretzels, they are all so delicious and definitely part of the celebration. Without your peppermint bark, how could you possibly celebrate the most giving holiday of the year?
I am a girl who has a huge sweet tooth, so I’ve had my share of holiday treats. Below is a list of my absolute favorite holiday goodies.
- Peanut Butter-covered Hershey Kisses: take a Hershey’s Kiss and dip it into peanut butter. It’s like a Reese’s Pieces without the two-for-a-package limitation.
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate: instead of buying expensive peppermint mix, buy normal hot chocolate and make a cup. Then, take a candy cane to stir. The heat of the drink will melt the candy cane and you’ll be sipping peppermint and chocolate all night long!
- Give the Gift of Cake: the perfect gift for all your friends! Make a square-shaped cake. Once cooled, frost the cake either white, red, or green. Then get creative creating bows and swirls to create the cutest little cake present ever!
- Klondike Cookie Sandwich: who doesn’t love Klondike bars and cookies? So, make a special treat and place a Klondike bar between two cookies (of your choice) and make a sandwich even better than PB&J.
- Snowmen Cupcakes: snowmen are a part of holiday culture, so incorporate them into your holiday treats! make a normal cupcake of your choice (preferably a lighter mix) and frost it with white frosting. Take three marshmallows and connect them one on top of the other with frosting. Give it two little pretzel arms, a M&M nose, and Snow Cap eyes and buttons. Stick little Frosty the Snowman to the cupcake and enjoy a great treat!
Enjoy your treats and have a fantastic holiday.
Only 20 more days!