“You learn French pronouns, and then you die.”
My French teacher
That moment where you’re really sick and have been at work for 5 hours and your mum buys you Chinese food. 🙂
We’re just starting October and I am pumped! It is one of my favorite months of the year. Here’s why.
- It is my half-birthday month! So, on October 25, I will be 16.5
- Fall is definitely in full swing, so that means I can wear all my sweaters and boots!
- Halloween. Duh.
- I get to go to a haunted corn maze. last year my friends and I got one of the monsters to sing ‘Bad Romance’ by Lady Gaga
- Pumpkin Spice Lattes at Starbucks!
- The PSAT! No, just kidding.
- All the good horror and Halloween films are on television.
- There are 5 year-olds dressed as ghosts on the 31st. So cute!
- Pottermore will eventually open. That’s good.
- My 10 month anniversary with Teenage Enthusiasm, which was actually yesterday.
So…who else loves October?
If you aren’t already, watch Stickaid!
Stickaid is a 24-hour webcast. YouTube personas perform for 1-hour slots to raise money for Unicef. It’s honestly one of my favorite charity events and it’s always funny. Even if you don’t donate, please watch. At this very moment, Liam Dryden (yay!) is performing.
If you want to donate, go here.
And if you want to watch, go HERE!!!
It’s October 1st. And a lot of people have been saying this over the social networks:
“Yay! Pottermore’s open to the public today! Yay”
Yeah, it’s not.
Tons of people missed the early admission to Pottermore for various reasons. You didn’t have internet access that week, you were too busy, you didn’t really care about it. Or, if you’re me, your computer broke on the second day before you had the chance to even try looking for the magic quill. Life is unfair sometimes.
Anyway, this morning my friend texted me, really excited. “Guess what? Pottermore opens today! I’m so excited to sign up!” and so I headed to the site and was met with this picture:
Come on, J.K. Rowling! You told us October and now it’s here and according to your ‘Pottermore Insider’ you aren’t starting until the end of October. I don’t know if I can wait 30 more days to become a Ravenclaw.
Yeah, I want to be in Ravenclaw.
So, to all of you Squibs and Muggles and soon-to-be first year Hogwarts students, let’s try to survive on this planet for 30 more days. Okay?
Lots of love to all you wizarding folk,