There are so many rights of passage in the world, and driving is one of them. And today I earned one of my rights. I got my permit!
On the days in which I prepared for this test, I was a bit nervous. Reading the booklet back and forth, taking practice tests over and over, it was all I could do to not lose my mind. I wanted to pass so bad and now that I’ve taken the test, I definitely feel better.
So, for those of you about to take your own permit test, or your drivers test or whatever it is that involves driving and testing, I’ve come up with a few tips to keep you calm and collected. And with them, I’m sure you will pass with flying colors!
Your Guide to Staying Calm and Getting to Drive
- Remind yourself that if you do fail, you can always take it again
- If unsure, skip it
- If between two questions that both seem very much right (bad grammar!), skip it
- Take your time. They aren’t timing you and you shouldn’t time yourself
- Always see yourself as in the driver’s seat. This helps you see yourself driving and can help you answer the questions
- Eat something before. Hunger can distract you