“Any man can be a father. It takes someone special to be a dad.”
This is to all the dads out there. Whether he’s sitting on your couch watching sports, fighting for your country, sitting at a desk to pay the bills, or sleeping, this is for him.
I love my dad very much. He’s taught me so much in the world. When I feel lost or confused, I know I will always have him there to guide me through it all. I love you Daddy. And although I’ve said it multiple times today, this is just for added measure.
Go out and celebrate your dad today. Give him breakfast in bed. A back massage if he wants one. Whatever it is, let him know that you are special to him.
Now, a quick list of the things my dad has taught me:
- Always walk somewhere with someone else
- Love the person you are
- Don’t be judgmental towards others
- Never answer the phone when a weird Mexican guy is on the other end
- If you love what you do, you never work a day in your life
- The best nap TV is the Golf Channel
- Always give 110%